Setting up of Communicator Web Access (CWA)
Intelli IM Supports Communicator Web Access (CWA) protocol to interface with Lync server. In order to use Intelli IM with our service, you need to set up the settings.
The following shows the CWA login that you use for accessing the Lync Server in your enterprise environment. The settings for Intelli IM settings map directly to the settings on the CWA Web access.
Mapping of CWA Web Access to Intelli IM Settings
In a typical enterprise enviornment, the enterprise users access their Enterprise Lync server or Office Communicator Server from a Web Access as shown in the figure. The fields from the Web Access are mapped to the settings in Intelli IM.
- Part of the URL on the top is mapped to Server field in Intelli IM settings
- The DOMAIN\userid is the User field.
Settings for Add Account
The Settings tab shows Domain, Userid, Password, Server and Description. The following is a brief description on each setting:
- User: It is a combination of Domain and userid that you got from your IT department to access Lync and Office Communicator. See the example above on typical CWA access screen.
- Password: enter your password for Lync Server or Office Communicator Access
- Server: enter the company server information that you use to access Lync and Office Communicator.
- Description: Write the Name of your account.